The New Jersey Future Educators Association (NJFEA) was established to coordinate the network of individual school chapters statewide. Recognizing the need for diverse, highly trained teachers, NJFEA endeavors to foster the recruitment and development of prospective future teachers by engaging its student members in innovative programming and experiential learning opportunities.
One or more dedicated educators, serving as chapter advisors, works to nurture students’ interest in the field of education and promote excellence by supporting academic achievement, cultivating a positive self-image, and encouraging leadership responsibilities. Each NJFEA chapter functions to best serve the needs of its student members, based on their grade level and interests. In addition to engagement in local chapter activities, student members also have unique opportunities for involvement and recognition in the wider education community.
These include the following:
- Regional and statewide conferences in partnership with NJ colleges & universities SPRING 2022 CONFERENCE
- Statewide service learning projects and teacher appreciation initiatives SERVICE PROJECT 2022
- Future Educators Academy (week-long residential summer program)
- Attendance at the annual NJEA Convention in Atlantic City
Student members are also eligible for:
- Recognition in the NJFEA newsletter and CFE’s online platforms
- Service as an NJFEA State Officer or Student Ambassador
- Scholarship opportunities
Interested in starting a chapter?